Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lost Track of the Day #!

Yes, it has been forever since I posted a blog! It has been so long that it is a pain in the tushy to keep track of the number of day it has been since I started over on January 1 so I think I will stop doing that. I need to be more creative with my titles anyway!

Boy am I glad last weekend is over with. Karah's surprise 18th birthday party was a big success but Deon has forbid me to plan another party like that one!! Friday I lied to Karah and told her I was going in to work to make up for the time I lost being sick on Wednesday. That worked into the plan real well. It amazes me how everything fell together. Travis (10 yrs. old) and I got busy cleaning the new building. For those of you that don't know we are building a new sanctuary building at our church. It isn't ready yet to occupy but it is ready enough to do stuff in. We straightened up and then swept and mopped. After that we loaded 6 6 ft. tables and 40 chair and carried them over to the new building. That took 3 loads in my truck. Then we unloaded all of it and by that time Kelli was there to help set up. Then it was time to decorate. Travis and Kelli did most of the decorating because my feet were just wore out!

We ended up going out to eat with Scott and Kristy and Matt and Vivian met us at the movie theater. We went to go see "Expelled", it was a great movie and there was applause at the end! At the end of the day I had logged 20,000 plus steps that translated into 9 miles! No wonder my feet were hurting!!

Now it is Saturday and Karah's big day! Deon and I fixed here waffles, bacon and sausage and took it to her in bed....nothing better than breakfast in bed! We gave her a present, it was a scrapbook that she wanted and the stuff for her to fix up her trip to Europe last Spring. As she and I were heading out the door to go shopping Deon was leaving to go "work" with Scott. What he was really doing was the last minute stuff for the party.

Karah and I went to Wal Mart and she bought a dress she had been wanting with some of her birthday money. Then we headed to Tractor Supply and just as we walked in we saw a clearance rack. I told her that they were singing her song! The blouse she had been looking at and really wanted was marked down from $30 to $10, she snatched it up in a heart beat. Then she found another blouse for $5, she was a happy little cowgirl!

Next we headed to Chicken Express and got some lunch that we took to the park for a picnic. She said that that didn't let me off the hook....we still had to have a real picnic sometime soon. The park was lovely and we had a great time.

We went home and I opened up the 4 disc set of 1950's and 1960's music that I had just bought a Wal Mart and then we danced all afternoon. It was such a wonderful day together. Then it was time to go to church. She still thought we were having a Spanish Banquet for everyone that was interested in going on the Mexico mission trip. But....it was really her party! It was a blast and I think she really was surprised. I do know that she suspected it was for her but she was not sure and didn't want to get her hopes up!

By the time we got everything cleaned up and were home and ready to go to bed I had logged another 14,000 plus steps for a total of 6 miles. It was a good weekend for logging miles that is for sure.

Sunday started our Doctrinal Study on the Doctrine of Election. There is no rest for the weary. I don't think we are going to have Ladies Bible Study on Thursday because the Doctrinal study goes through Wednesday. Then I have Friday off and then Saturday is Prom....like I said.....no rest for the weary!

I have been struggling to get back on track this week with WW. For me, being very busy and very tired is a dangerous combination when it comes to eating and exercise. I am too tired to eat right and too tired to exercise....not good!

But, this too shall pass!

Tammie

No comments: