Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Heavy Heart

I was presented with an idea yesterday that disturbed me to no end.  So, when I got to work this morning I decided to do some research.  Through a page on facebook I discovered the possibility that the Susan G. Komen foundation supports Planned Parenthood.

With all the research I did today I have discovered this to be a fact.  The Susan G. Komen foundation claims that they audit Planned Parenthood twice a year to make sure that the grant money they give them is used strictly for breast heath education.  But, in my book, if you support Planned Parenthood you support abortion!

I have discovered that 75% of the $2300 I have raised so far is used for breast cancer research but the other 25% is used to support Susan G. Komen's affiliates, such as Planned Parenthood.  I have committed to do this walk so I'm going to do it.  But, when November 7th is finished I will no longer support the Susan G. Komen foundation in any way.

1 comment:

HRM said...

Rememer you are a light to those who don't understand! This walk will in fact help you to shine.

xxoo