Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again!

I met Matt out at Lions Park at 6:30am this morning.  He walked 3 miles with me and then had to leave to go to the Men' Prayer Breakfast at church.  I continued on and did 2 more miles.  My goal this morning was 6 miles but I can really tell it has been a month and a half since I did any serious walking or any walking for that matter!  I'm happy with the 5 miles and the best part is that my feet did not hurt.  The toes next to my big toes did start to go numb a little bit but not near like they were.

I go back to the podiatrist a week from today and it is going to be so nice to tell her that what we are doing right now seems to be working.  I'm really happy about that because I was not looking forward to cortisone shots!

I am bouncing back from the news about the Susan G. Komen foundation and I'm determined to see this journey to the finish line.  I am really looking forward to the 3-Day Expo tomorrow.  I'm sad that Vivian won't be going with me but I totally understand why she isn't.

I'm glad to be back in training mode and I look forward to 4 miles on Monday, 6 miles on Wednesday, 6 miles on Friday (before the podiatrist appt.) and 8 miles on Saturday!

1 comment:

HRM said...

Whoo-hoo! Good to see that you are back in training. You definitely can do this...it's been a long journey, but a good one.