Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So much has happened....

Here I am again letting time slip away without writing about my journey.  The weight loss has finally started going slowly in the right direction!  I am so grateful for that. 

Me, Kitty and Doris
Our Team, the Front Yard Flamingos


So much has happened with the 3-Day.  I have joined a team, we are the Front Yard Flamingos and the other two gals are just wonderful.  They both live in far west Arlington and that makes getting together a bit tricky!  On May 8th I headed out to go to Arlington to meet up with Doris to walk 8 miles.  Gosh, at about 1.5 miles my feet started to hurt.  I really didn't know if I was going to make the whole trip but I was determined not to give up.  At about 7 to 7.5 miles I got a blister on my little toe on my left foot but I was not going to quit!  When we got back to Doris's house I check my pedometer and we had actually gone 8.5 miles!!!!  I was so excited and so proud of myself.  The best part was that by the time I drove back home my feet didn't hurt anymore and the blister healed up in a couple of days.


Last Friday, May 14th, the Front Yard Flamingos had a garage/bake sale.  It was threatening rain the whole morning.  We just kept praying and selling!  The rain came about 30 minutes before we were due to quit the sale.  Later that day Kitty (our Team Captain) emailed Doris and myself to let us know that we made enough money for the 3 of us to each have $115.13!!!  Yay!  That put me over my first $1000......I know now that I can do this and I am grateful that God has guided me every step of this journey!!

1 comment:

HRM said...

Welcome back to blogging!
I super happy for you and this journey you have decided to take! I know you can do it. :) Keep writing!