Monday, May 24, 2010

Offical Training Walk Kick-Off!

This week marks 24 weeks before the 3-Day event!  Saturday I went to a "Training Walk" kick-off in Frisco.  The day started out with me realizing that I had miscalculated the time it would take for me to get to Frisco!  However, had I paid closer attention to the email I would have known that from 7:30am to 8am was early bird special shopping at the New Balance store.  I did make it there on time and all was good.


I tried to start a conversation with a few different people but everyone one was there with someone or several someones on their teams!  I was resigned to walk the 3 miles alone in a crowd of from 75 to 100 people!  The "Training Walk" leader welcomed us all and then introduced Jen Austin who is the producer of the Dorsey Gang, the morning show on KSCS!  I decided that I was going to tell her how much of a fan Karah is and how she is going to be upset that she couldn't come with me on this walk!  When the walk officially started I made my way to Jen and told her just that.  We talked a little and then I passed the folks that were right in front of us.  Before I knew it Jen had passed them too and was walking right beside me again.  We ended up walking the whole 3 miles together and had a really nice chat.  It really is amazing how short 3 miles seems when you have someone to share it with!


So, my official training began this morning.  I woke up at 5:30am and was out of the house by 5:45 and heading to Lions park in Ennis.  I did my 6 laps (3 miles) and headed home for a much needed shower.  This is only going to put me at work 15 minutes later than normal so I will be getting up early on Monday's and Wednesday's for the 3 miles.  I'll worry about the 4 and 5 miles on Monday's and Wednesday's  later!! 

1 comment:

HRM said...

Hey Lizzie!

How cool! You're really getting your training done! I am very proud of you!!

xxoo